Friday, August 19, 2011

Humanoid robot soccer!

A couple of days ago my son and I watched some humanoid robot soccer videos on Youtube. He thought they were hilarious, and I'm inclined to agree. Here are a couple of them:



One of my dreams is to someday build a humanoid robot. These soccer videos show that although there are many fundamental challenges left to solve properly, at least these machines are able to play the game, even though they couldn't probably beat a kid that has just learned to walk.

I'm pretty sure Asimo would single-handedly crush any of the participating teams in these contests. Honda has spent a hefty sum of money on developing it, they are completely in a different league compared to the university research groups that participate in RoboCup. In the video below Asimo kicks a football and shows other tricks as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment